The heartleaf philodendron is a climbing plant in nature: a liana if you prefer. Its long stems carry, at each node, one dark green heart-shaped leaf and several small adhesive aerial roots that allow the plant to climb up tree trunks. And that explains its botanical name. Philo means which love while dendron means tree; thus the name means tree-lover. Even its epithet is appropriate: hederaceum means “ivy,” again a reference to its climbing nature.
- EASY CARE! Water twice a week. But water it whenever the top layer of the soil feels dry.
- LOVES INDOOR LIGHT! Place near a sunny window.
- Adds life and design to your home or office.
- NASA studies show having plants in your home improves your mood, sparks creativity and reduces stress.
- Clears the air of pollutants and Can be Placed Indoors or Outdoors.